I embrace the world of technology with open arms. I wish I were an inventor myself; but I certainly appreciate the efforts of others. Every single aspect of my life is touched by some kind of electronic innovation. Some is low tech and some is high. Anything that is now digital that was analog is a case in point. Things keep getting more complex and refined. I guess you could say that I am always a gearhead, one who is knowledgeable or enthusiastic about the equipment and functioning of mechanical devices.
Getting this designation is a coup. I am not ashamed. I have an addiction to technology. I wish I could dissect everything in sight to see how it functions. This permeates everything I do from shaving, trimming my hair, using a cell phone, or a digital scale. It even extends to my favorite sport of fishing. I relish the details of something like a fish finder as follows.
The Humminbird® 541 Fish Finder gives you a limit-catching bundle of features including powerful DualBeam PLUS sonar coverage to 1,500 ft., and SwitchFire viewing to make the most of your time on the water at a price that won’t soak your wallet.
- 5″ LCD with 240 V x 240H, 12-level grayscale for sharp, clear images
- DualBeam PLUS sonar, 20° and 60° coverage @ -10dB… narrow beam is optimized for bottom and structure detail below your boat, while a wide beam casts a wider net, searching for fish and structure around your boat. View them side-by-side on screen or combine the images into 1 comprehensive view!
- Real-time sonar (RTS) window always updates at the fastest rate possible and shows only the returns from the bottom, structure, and fish that are within the transducer beam
- SwitchFire function gives you 2 different view modes: “Max Mode” and “Clear Mode.” Clear Mode filters out noise (suspended particles, etc.) in agitated or shallow (8′ or less) water for a clearer image of fish and structure. Max Mode for incredible detail and easy lure monitoring
- Selective fish ID+ advanced sonar processing interprets sonar returns and displays a fish symbol when very selective requirements are met, giving you an idea of fish size
- Split-screen zoom increases the displayed resolution to separate sonar returns that are very close together… split-screen bottom lock function as well
- Custom digital readout selection
- Custom view selections allows you to see only the views you want, giving you the flexibility to access the information you need quickly and easily
- Large digits view provides digital data in a large, easy-to-see format
- Optional triplog provides average speed, distance traveled, and elapsed time information
- X-Press® menu system provides quick access to the settings most frequently used
- Sonar coverage: 20° and 60° @ -10dB
- Sonar frequency: 200 kHz / 83 kHz
- Depth capability: 1,500 ft.
- 21/2″ target separation
- 4,000-watt peak to peak power output
- Power input: 10-20V
- Transducer – Standard: XNT-9-20-T transom
- Tilt/swivel mount… sized to let you replace many in-dash modes too!
- Measures 6 3/4″ x 5 3/8″ x 1 1/4″h.
I can sink my teeth, or my brain cells I should say, into all this technology. I am laying it all out just for you.